Saturday, November 6, 2010

1/52 - Ganesh

A statue of Ganesh title=
A statue of Ganesh 

I finally got around to starting a photography project. I had been thinking about doing a 365 for a while but wasn't sure if I could commit myself to taking a photograph and doing the required processing, daily. I've decided to start off with a project 52 instead. God knows how long it will go for but I am starting with the best of intentions! I'll continue to upload other images from trips etc too. I'm expecting to update the blog around three times a week. In regards to the project, if I do use additional lighting for any of the images, setup shots and brief descriptions will be included in my posts. If you guys want any more info about the shots, just drop a question in the comments below.

The first image of this project is a small statue of the Hindu god Ganesh which we picked this up on one of our trips.

Lighting info after the jump.

Setup shot for the image of Lord Ganesh
Setup shot for the image of Lord Ganesh

I used a collapsed reflective umbrella and a Canon 430 EX II from camera right to light this image. I gelled the strobe with a 1/2 CTO to warm up the light a bit. I wanted one part of the statue to appear a bit darker than the other so I didn't use any reflectors. If I did want to brighten up the other side of the statue, I would have placed a piece of white A4 paper on the left of the subject, just outside the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner