Monday, January 24, 2011

13/52 - Jean Paul Gaultier

Jean Paul Gaultier
Jean Paul Gaultier 

My wife got a new bottle of perfume recently and I decided to use it as this weeks shot for the project. I feel my lighting skills are improving because I can setup the lights and capture the photograph I have in mind, a lot faster now. This again, was a two light setup. The most difficult part of it was getting the background light just right. In hind sight, I think a bigger part of the background should have been lit.

Lighting setup shot and lighting details, after the jump.

Lighting setup - Jean Paul Gaultier
Lighting setup - Jean Paul Gaultier

I used two speedlites to light this photograph.

A Canon 480 EX II was fired at 1/64th and zoomed to 70mm, from camera left and aimed at the bottle of perfume. The light form this strobe lit up the left of the bottle. The light was bounced off a white foam-core board to light up the right side of the bottle.

A snooted Canon 580 EX II was fired at 1/32 and zoomed to 105mm and fired at the black background. This strobe was fired through a red gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner