Friday, September 25, 2009

Somersby Falls


Click here for techs.

Somersby falls is a situated in the Brisbane waters national park, an hour and a halfs drive north of Sydney.
The falls are easily accessible from a popular picnic area which has parking facilities.  A path and off the picnic area leads you down to the creek.

Photographers can easily spend hours on end photographing the stream and the falls. I followed the creek downstream from the base of the main waterfall and came across two other smaller falls. The image above was a small section of the second one which I focused on.

I loved the way the sun was filtering through the branches overhead and tried to include the spots of light in my composition. I feel the leaves and the light work well in the foreground and give the image another layer of interest. I used a long shutter speed and ND filters to make the water look silky.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner