Monday, April 18, 2011

25/52 - Whisk

Whisk

This weeks subject was a whisk which I found in the kitchen. I wasn't sure how I was going to use it initially and started experimenting with it to create bokeh. After shooting a number of frames with it, I decided to use the whisk itself as the main subject but shoot it with a shallow depth of field to try and make it look a bit "different". I had the macro lens on at the time and this made things a bit easier.

Lighting info after the jump.

 Lighting Setup - Whisk

This was another two light setup.

The Canon 580 EX II was fired at 1/32 at the background from in front of the subject on camera left through a CTB gel. This light bounced off the handle of the whisk to create a bit of blue bokeh.

The Canon 430 EX II was fired at 1/64th through a CTO gel from behind the subject on camera right. this light lit the inside of the whisk and the handle. This flas was zoomed to 105mm.

I used two black foam-core boards for the background and to place the whisk on. I hadn't used black boards to absorb the light before so it turned out to be a good excuse to try it out.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner