Tuesday, March 15, 2011

20/52 - Wall-e Meets Bokeh

Wall-e Meets Bokeh
Wall-e Meets Bokeh 

I decided to use Wall-e for this weeks shot too. I wanted to do something with Bokeh as I hadn't created any Bokeh for my more recent shots. This was a two light setup which took a bit of time to perfect. I suppose the fact that I didn't know exactly what I was after when I started, didn't help. I took a few different shots, each with their own lighting setup before settling for this one.

Lighting setup shots inside.

Lighting Setup - Wall-e Meets Bokeh
Lighting Setup - Wall-e Meets Bokeh

This shot was lit with two strobes.

I used a Christmas wreath to create the Bokeh in the background. A Canon 430 EX II was fired at the wreath at 1/64th through a CTB gel to create the Blue Bokeh. I used the same wreath in this shot as well as this one.

Wall-e was lit using a snooted Canon 580 EX II fired at 1/64th through a CTO gel. I used a piece of white A4 paper just out of frame on the right of the camera to bounce the light back onto the opposite side of Wall-e. The effect of the piece of paper is subtle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner