Tuesday, March 29, 2011

22/52 - Stitched

Stitched
Stitched

I got a macro lens over the weekend and decided to use it for this weeks photograph. I hadn't used a macro lens before and it took me a while to get this shot. The part of macro photography that I have taken a while get the hang of is the shallow DOF and figuring out what aperture to use (It's not easy to see the DOF on the LCD at the back of the camera). This shot was taken at f/9. Hopefully practice will make it a bit easier.

Setup shot inside.

Setup - Stitched

This was a single light setup. I used a Canon 580 EX fired from camera right at 1/4th and zoomed to 50mm.

I used a white A4 paper from camera left to bounce the light and fill the other side of the thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner